The Proust Questionnaire is an interview about somebody’s personality, made famous by French writer Marcel Proust. Vanity Fair does its own version of the questionnaire for celebrities, and we decided it would be fun to do the same with notable esports professionals.
This is the second edition with popular League of Legends figure Alberto “Crumbz” Rengifo. (Check out our first edition, with Splyce coach Jakob “YamatoCannon” Mebdi)
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
My idea of perfect happiness is complete acceptance. The ability to take everything as it is without the imposition of the mind to label and deconstruct.
2. What is your greatest fear?
Falling into a cycle, loop, addiction or pattern that is harmful to me yet I am not aware of it.
3. What is the trait you most dislike in yourself?
I don’t dislike anything about myself.
4. What is the trait you most dislike in others?
When people talk to me too much.
5. Which living person do you most admire?
I have never admired anyone.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
7. What is your current state of mind?
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
9. When do you think it’s ok to lie?
When you are certain that the moment has no importance and will quickly be forgotten forever.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
I am perfectly satisfied with my appearance.
11. Which living person do you most despise?
I don’t despise anyone.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Tits (Just kidding). honesty again.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Perhaps swear words.
15. When and where were you happiest?
Everyday is enough reason for me to be at my happiest.
16. Which talent would you most like to have?
To play an instrument or be a skilled painter.
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
To be less susceptible to the cold.
18. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Seizing as many of the opportunities life has thrown at me.
19. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
I’d like to come back as someone who faces death every day such as someone in some extreme or illegal business.
20. What is your most treasured possession?
My stuffed animal Iggy.
21. What makes you miserable?
Lack of food and it being cold.
22. What do you most value in your friends?
23. Who are your favorite writers?
Aldous Huxley and Kurt Vonnegut.
24. Who is your fictional hero?
I don’t like superheroes.
25. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
26. Who are your real life heroes?
I don’t have heroes.
27. What is it that you most dislike?
28. What is your greatest regret?
I don’t have any regrets.
29. What is your motto?
Make enough money until I don’t have to think about money.
30. What was the first video game you played?
Little Big Adventure 2.
31. What would you be doing if you weren’t in esports?
Being a writer. Aka writing people’s names on Starbucks cups with my arts degree.
32. What do you consider the most overrated skill in-game?
33. What is the quality you most like in a teammate?
Making a point quickly.
34. What is the quality you most like in an opponent?
35. What is your favorite film?
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
36. What is your favorite show/series?
Cover photo courtesy of Riot Games/illustration by Slingshot