‘Chiu on This’ is a short and regular opinion blast
I don’t have a particularly strong opinion about Vexed picking up KQLY, but here are some things to keep in mind about the move.
- Players hate cheaters far more than they hate match-fixers. I’m not of the same opinion as it depends on the context of when and where you do either.
- Vexed didn’t bother to tell the players about the change. Even if it was a player who wasn’t banned, they went over the heads of the team and coach without input. You can’t depend on a team like that regardless.
- We still don’t know if KQLY was banned for some random matchmaking game or for a competitive game.
- Vexed the org likely believes that they will never make a Valve event anyway, so this move probably made sense to them despite the bad PR.
- What they failed to consider is that KQLY is persona non grata, so getting four players who want to play with him will be way harder than they anticipated.