The Proust Questionnaire is an interview about somebody’s personality, made famous by French writer Marcel Proust. Vanity Fair does its own version of the questionnaire for celebrities, and we decided it would be fun to do the same with notable esports professionals.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
I think happiness is more about lifestyle than anything. I really want to move somewhere not so fast paced (i.e. Seattle) and just be able to take care of my future family. If I get to prioritize that in the future, I’m perfectly happy with it.
2. What is your greatest fear?
I think my greatest fear is not being able to make the kind of impact I want in the interactions I have with coworkers, friends, family, and even strangers on a daily basis.
3. What is the trait you most dislike in yourself?
I hate my inconsistency. Sometimes I’m lazy, sometimes I get into modes of relentless work and I don’t eat, sleep, etc.
4. What is the trait you most dislike in others?
I generally hate dishonesty but if I were to take a step back it’s probably just the fear of taking risks. So many people can do and realize so much more in their lives if they learned that making mistakes was okay.
5. Which living person do you most admire?
I admire my parentals
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
7. What is your current state of mind?
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
9. When do you think it’s OK to lie?
Uhhh, I just don’t so I’d personally hope never
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Idk, I need to go to the gym more and eat better
11. Which living person do you most despise?
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Sick or dope
15. When and where were you happiest?
Pike’s place every Saturday morning
16. Which talent would you most like to have?
Being able to sing
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
18. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Buying my first house
19. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
Myself, I’m good in my own skin
20. What is your most treasured possession?
21. What makes you miserable?
LA traffic and parking
22. What do you most value in your friends?
I value sacrifice, honesty, and humility
23. Who are your favorite writers?
24. Who is your fictional hero?
25. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
26. Who are your real life heroes?
Chance the Rapper, Russell Westbrook
27. What is it that you most dislike?
I dislike when people are stepped on and they don’t do anything about it.
28. What is your greatest regret?
Not pursuing professional swimming
29. What is your motto?
If you don’t make mistakes, you’ll never know what it looks like to be better.
30. What was the first video game you played?
31. What would you be doing if you weren’t in esports?
Wealth Management/Business Dev
32. What do you consider the most overrated skill in-game?
actions/clicks per minute
33. What is the quality you most like in a teammate?
34. What is the quality you most like in an opponent?
35. What is your favorite film?
36. What is your favorite show/series?
That 70s Show
Previous editions: Alberto “Crumbz” Rengifo, Jakob “YamatoCannon” Mebdi, Paul “ReDeYe” Chaloner, Marty Strenczewilk, Janko “YNK” Paunović, Dustin Mouret, Steve “Ryu” Rattacasa, Lee “Robin” Seung-Hwan, Bryce Blum, Tanner Damonte, Romain Bigeard, DaJuan “Shroomed” McDaniel, Ryan Morrison.