The Proust Questionnaire is an interview about somebody’s personality, made famous by French writer Marcel Proust. Vanity Fair does its own version of the questionnaire for celebrities, and we decided it would be fun to do the same with notable esports professionals.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
I don’t think that “perfect happiness” is a real ting. I think that if you feel happy in some regards, you will feel lacking in others. I don’t think people can be completely happy.
2. What is your greatest fear?
I guess starting to care about what someone or what the community has to say all the time. I think you start to get scared of what is being said once you start to care about those comments. I think it’s best to have the mindset of “you do you and I’ll do me.”
3. What is the trait you most dislike in yourself?
I think it’s that I eat even though I’m not hungry. Sometimes I eat when I’m not hungry. I guess that’s why I’m gaining weight
4. What is the trait you most dislike in others?
I don’t really know since I don’t give them that much mind. I don’t know.
5. Which living person do you most admire?
Hmm…of living people…I don’t know. I never really thought of that. I did think that some people were very amazing before.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Maybe the time I went to the dermatologist? And a small Mont Blanc wallet? I don’t think spending money on food is a waste so I spend it even if it’s expensive, but I think the dermatologist and the wallet were a bit of an extravagance.
7. What is your current state of mind?
Hard work is always rewarded. Things will work out if I work hard.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
9. When do you think it’s OK to lie?
When it’s a white lie?
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
I guess my belly fat?
11. Which living person do you most despise?
I just don’t like people who do things I don’t like. Like Kim Jong-Un from North Korea, I don’t like him because he’s playing with people’s lives with nuke threats.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
I think different people are attracted to different things.
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Likewise. I don’t really know.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
I don’t really have a lot but I use a lot of Twitch-lingo during streams like Kappa.
15. When and where were you happiest?
When KT Rolster won, when we made it to worlds for the first time.
16. Which talent would you most like to have?
Multi-tasking. I want to be able to do multiple things at the same time.
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
18. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
When I win a game.
19. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
I guess into someone who is referred to as a genius? I wonder what kind of thoughts they have when they live life.
20. What is your most treasured possession?
I don’t really have one. I think of all my possessions as precious.
21. What makes you miserable?
22. What do you most value in your friends?
I think it’s important for friends to not use one another. Think and act like a true friend.
23. Who are your favorite writers?
I read lots of webcomics and read a couple of books but I can’t remember the authors. I just like everything that I enjoy. I think I would like the authors since I like their work. This applies to the author of the webtoon “College Student Diary,” and I really enjoyed Harry Potter so I like the author (J.K. Rowling). I like her too.
24. Who is your fictional hero?
I don’t really give a lot of thought about things like these so I don’t think I have one. Oh, I do have someone from real life, a protagonist for a drama, but rather than calling them my hero, I just really liked them. For instance, Dr. Gregory from the television show House. The really tough doctor character with the beard and a limp. His jokes are funny, witty, and smart, though he is rather stubborn and rude at times, but I’d like to be someone like that.
25. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
I’m not very well versed in History, I’m sorry.
26. Who are your real life heroes?
I think Jackie Chan is really cool.
27. What is it that you most dislike?
I don’t like people who are rude, and I don’t like how I have emotional extremes.
28. What is your greatest regret?
I don’t think I regret much. Hmm. I guess I thought I could have studied harder.
29. What is your motto?
Live positively. Be a good person.
30. What was the first video game you played?
31. What would you be doing if you weren’t in esports?
I didn’t have anything I wanted to do, but I do want try and be a farmer.
32. What do you consider the most overrated skill in-game?
I think they’re all important.
33. What is the quality you most like in a teammate?
Of course team work.
34. What is your favorite film?
I like everything I’ve seen. Except for the violent and scary ones.
35. What is your favorite show/series?
American shows like House, Breaking Bad, Modern Family, and Conan. I like the shows I’ve seen so far.
Previous editions: Alberto “Crumbz” Rengifo, Jakob “YamatoCannon” Mebdi, Paul “ReDeYe” Chaloner, Marty Strenczewilk, Janko “YNK” Paunović, Dustin Mouret, Steve “Ryu” Rattacasa, Lee “Robin” Seung-Hwan, Bryce Blum, Tanner Damonte, Romain Bigeard, DaJuan “Shroomed” McDaniel, Ryan Morrison, Nick Phan.
Cover photo courtesy of Riot Games/illustration by Slingshot