Mitch “Krepo” Voorspoels, the League of Legends caster who was a victim of a nude photo leak in May, will leave casting for good, he posted Monday on Twitter.
— Mitch Voorspoels (@Krepo) October 16, 2017
“I’ve spent the last few months out of the spotlight and thought a lot about how I want to go on from here,” he wrote. “I’ve decided I’ll be pursuing my passion for coaching and player development and will likely work in a less visible position in the esports environment.”
Krepo said he’d been working with Splyce since Week 7 of the summer split of the European League of Legends Championship Series. Splyce dropped its coach and began working with another person — known publicly only as “Boris” — before losing to G2 Esports in the quarterfinals of the EU LCS summer playoffs.
Krepo has been mostly invisible from the League of Legends scene since May 20, when he announced he would step down from casting the Mid-Season Invitational after nude photos of him were leaked on the internet without his consent. The leak included sexually explicit messages from Krepo and nude images of the 27-year-old commentator. The source of the leak was never uncovered, but one Twitter user told Krepo a day before the images surfaced to message him or “docs would be linked.”
There were also questions — none of which were ever answered — about the age of the recipient of the photos, as Richard Lewis reported a discussion from the site 4chan resulted in multiple sources claiming the recipient, a girl, had recently turned 16, a claim that was repeated on Twitter by multiple users who claimed to know the recipient.
Krepo posted to Twitter on June 2 to say he would step down from casting indefinitely, and Monday’s update was his first post since then. He wrote Monday he would continue to be inactive on social media.