The Proust Questionnaire is an interview about somebody’s personality, made famous by French writer Marcel Proust. Vanity Fair does its own version of the questionnaire for celebrities, and we decided it would be fun to do the same with notable esports professionals.
Previous editions: Alberto “Crumbz” Rengifo, Jakob “YamatoCannon” Mebdi, Paul “ReDeYe” Chaloner, Marty Strenczewilk, Janko “YNK” Paunović, Dustin Mouret, Steve “Ryu” Rattacasa, Lee “Robin” Seung-Hwan, Bryce Blum.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
The ability to control every aspect of my life and not to let life challenges overcome me.
2. What is your greatest fear?
The thought that I could never be successful and get stuck doing a job in my life that I do not enjoy.
3. What is the trait you most dislike in yourself?
Being ignorant to other people’s side when in a disagreement.
4. What is the trait you most dislike in others?
Not putting in the effort to achieve something but expecting good results.
5. Which living person do you most admire?
Russ, I feel like most of his music really connects with me.
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
7. What is your current state of mind?
Focus on improving
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
9. When do you think it’s OK to lie?
Never unless it’s for a small joke
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
11. Which living person do you most despise?
I don’t despise anyone
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
Integrity and responsibilty
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Integrity and responsibility
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
“Play around me”
15. When and where were you happiest?
Anytime I win in anything that has importance
16. Which talent would you most like to have?
I wish I could juggle
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I want to be 2 inches taller
18. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
As of now, qualifying for NACS. In the future, hopefully winning NA
19. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
20. What is your most treasured possession?
21. What makes you miserable?
22. What do you most value in your friends?
Being laid back and chill and pushing me to succeed
23. Who are your favorite writers?
24. Who is your fictional hero?
25. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
John F. Kennedy
26. Who are your real life heroes?
27. What is it that you most dislike?
28. What is your greatest regret?
Wasting time doing whatever when I could’ve been practicing
29. What is your motto?
Take a risk, win big or learn from it
30. What was the first video game you played?
Windows 3D Pinball
31. What would you be doing if you weren’t in esports?
32. What do you consider the most overrated skill in-game?
33. What is the quality you most like in a teammate?
Being able to reflect and improve
34. What is the quality you most like in an opponent?
35. What is your favorite film?
36. What is your favorite show/series?
Game of Thrones
Cover photo courtesy of Tanner Damonte/illustration by Slingshot